1. Login in myCadent.com - https://mycadent.com/login. Type email and password
2. The home page will prompt with the latest patients scanned and order list.
Once logged in, match the orthodontist and patient name in the LightForce Orthodontics portal to the entry in the myAlignTech™ portal; take note of the Patient Alias in the LightForce Orthodontics portal (“MLXX5” in this example):
3. Order information page will prompt, click on “Export (OrthoCAD 3.5 or higher)”
*One Time Steps:
*If OrthoCAD has not been downloaded: you will need to install OrthoCAD™ software.
*Click “here” in the popup that appears on screen to download the .exe file: When the file is downloaded (105 MB), install OrthoCAD™ by clicking the .exe file and following the installation wizard.
*After installing OrthoCAD™, repeat the previous step (click “export”). The following screen should appear. Click the check-box to “Always open links of this type in the associated app”, and then click “Open iTero”.
*OrthoCAD™ should open. If you have not chosen an export directory, you will be prompted to do so. Once you’ve chosen an export directory, Click “OK”.
4. “Options Models Folder” will open to select downloading files location. Select browse then select “Clarity Aligners Folder” in the desktop. A small box will prompt next, check the OrthoCad protocol box, select and click “Open URL OrthoCad Protocol”
5. The “OrthoCad Export” Model window will open, select Export Type, Data Format and File Type as shown below, then click “Export”:
6. “Export Done” box will open when files are successfully downloaded, select “Yes” to make sure upper and lower STL files are on the desktop or in a designated folder.
7. Once downloaded, the STL files can be uploaded to the LightForce™ Orthodontics treatment details page for the selected patient. Files are named with the myAlignTech™ order ID followed by “_shell_occlusion_” and either “l” (“L”) or “u” to indicate “lower” and “upper” respectively. In this example, the two STL files are:
For information on how to upload .STL files to LightForce, visit https://kb.lightforceortho.com/how-to-upload-scans-into-lightforce